Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Have a Recipe For Chicken Divan that calls for 1/2 cup dry white wine...could I ommit this??

There is no where close to where I live that sells Dry White Wine...I have looked for weeks now...I really wanted to make this dish but was worried what it would turn out like..anyone know if i can ommit or substitute for something else?I Have a Recipe For Chicken Divan that calls for 1/2 cup dry white wine...could I ommit this??
Cooking White Wine works fine but so does broth or water. Broth will make it more flavorful than water.I Have a Recipe For Chicken Divan that calls for 1/2 cup dry white wine...could I ommit this??
If you use cooking wine, remember they contain 1tsp salt per cup of wine, so cut down the salt elsewhere or it will be too salty.





I've used fresh white grape juice in place of wine and it usually tastes good.
You can omit the wine. I use chicken broth instead.





Also, if you really want the wine, most supermarkets sell ';cooking wine'; which are a little salty but will do in a pinch.
Most chardonnay wine is considered dry. It should work fine. If not sub some chicken stock. I have an alcoholic uncle (sober 8 years though) who prefers no alcohol, so if he is coming to dinner I always sub chicken stock for wine in any recipe that I make. He never asked, but out of respect I do it. I don't think anybody noticed the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment